Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Studio Report, Guitar - Day 4 (Frederik)

The first two days of guitar were all Pieters'.
All I had to do was read a book, have a drink, eat and give a comment here and there (great times).

The third day was mine and since we were running a bit behind on schedule (not our fault ) I knew that I had to work fast
but accurate.

A second "problem" occured that some parts of the songs had been altered, so I actually had to learn these new things in the studio. But since I like a good challenge it was done with pleasure.

First we tried my own set-up (a carvin poweramp, hughes & kettner preamp, a boss japanese eq and an intellifex FXrack,
all going through my laney cabinet with vintage TT-30 speakers).
Despite this giving an amazing, defined sound, it just wasn't the sound we were looking for; we wanted something more "dirty"
so we went back to the warp and the Marshall and just put a boss eq in between. And to make it even more dirty we put my boss gt-3 in the mix too.

Guitar-wise I played most the distorted parts on P's guitar, all dropped d-parts on my Gibson SG, and all the cleans on my Ibanez Jem 7V.

It was an exhausting day, but I'm happy to say that I managed to play the whole thing in one day, putting us a bit closer back on schedule.










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home